A Graduate Course from MSSEF’s Curious Minds Initiative (CMI)
Complete to earn 2 graduate credits. PCS is part of the STEM Certificate in Inquiry from Framingham State University. Monday - Thursday, August 6 - 9 & November 3, 2018, 8:30 am - 2:30 pm Location TBD with an additional 10 hours online.
PCS is a hands-on course that enables science teachers to develop effective project-based units for targeted science concepts, and also provides an introduction to guiding students who work on independent research projects.
Your Students & Teaching practice:
- Your students develop a deeper understanding of targeted science concepts in context.
- Learn new and effective ways to integrate project-based learning into your curriculum.
- Design a Project-Based Science (PBS) activity for your own classroom!
- Connect project-based science activities with the Massachusetts state science standards.
- Receive a special invitation to participate in MSSEF Educator Day at MIT.*
Your Career & Teamwork with Colleagues:
- Optional low-cost graduate credit - $200 for 2 graduate credits. Tuition Scholarships A limited number of partial and full tuition scholarships available.
- PCS is part of a new STEM CERTIFICATE in INQUIRY - a collaboration of Framingham State University & MSSEF. Earn 2 of the graduate credits towards this Certificate!
- Teams of teachers get priority acceptance: Be part of a supportive team to enable your success back in the school and classroom.
* MSSEF Educator Day at MIT | May 4, 2018, 8:30 am - 1:30 pm
Apply for a travel stipend and/or matching support for a substitute teacher! A special free conference held on Friday during the State Science & Engineering Fair for high school students @ MIT. Highlights include: walking the Exhibition Hall of 300 “Best of the Best” high school student science fair projects in Massachusetts; a seat in the Judge Orientation Program (with ~300 judges from academia and industry); feedback and discussion inquiry and project-based approaches in your teaching practice; and breakfast and lunch!
PCS Fees, Credits and More
Registration Fee: $25 Total Tuition & Course Materials: $525 Graduate Credit: 2 graduate credits will be available to earn at additional cost of $200 Please Note: teachers who want to enroll for graduate credit will receive an application from MSSEF, which must be submitted with payment of fees before the course begins. MSSEF Educator Day: FREE with course registration! More Information: firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that registration fees & graduate credit costs are non-refundable.