A Graduate Course from MSEF’s Curious Minds Initiative (CMI)
Complete to earn 2 graduate credits.
PCS is part of the STEM Certificate in Inquiry from Framingham State University.
When: Next Course Dates TBA
If interested in coordinating a training, please contact us at email@example.com.
PCS is a hands-on course that enables science teachers to develop effective project-based units for targeted science concepts, and also provides an introduction to guiding students who work on independent research projects.
Your Students & Teaching practice:
- Your students develop a deeper understanding of targeted science concepts in context.
- Learn new and effective ways to integrate project-based learning into your curriculum.
- Design a Project-Based Science (PBS) activity for your own classroom!
- Connect project-based science activities with the Massachusetts state science standards.
- Receive a special invitation to participate in MSEF Educator Day.
Your Career & Teamwork with Colleagues:
- Optional low-cost graduate credit - $200 for 2 graduate credits. Tuition Scholarships A limited number of partial and full tuition scholarships available.
- PCS is part of a new STEM CERTIFICATE in INQUIRY - a collaboration of Framingham State University & MSEF. Earn 2 of the graduate credits towards this Certificate!
- Teams of teachers get priority acceptance: Be part of a supportive team to enable your success back in the school and classroom.
* MSEF Educator Day | When and Where: TBA
Apply for a travel stipend and/or matching support for a substitute teacher! A special free conference held on Friday during the Science & Engineering Fair for high school students. Highlights include: walking the Exhibition Hall of 300 “Best of the Best” high school student science fair projects in Massachusetts; a seat in the Judge Orientation Program (with ~300 judges from academia and industry); feedback and discussion inquiry and project-based approaches in your teaching practice; and breakfast and lunch!