A Graduate Course from MSEF’s Curious Minds Initiative (CMI)
Complete to earn 3 graduate credits. TSIP is part of the STEM Certificate in Inquiry from Framingham State University.
When: Next Course Dates TBA
Provides teachers with practical strategies to infuse more inquiry into their teaching practice and existing curricula. TSIP is a hands-on course, and science teachers bring 2-3 of their existing labs or classroom activities that they will adapt in order to make greater use of inquiry-based techniques.
- New ways to integrate inquiry into your curriculum: Revise 2-3 of your lesson plans or lab activities to include inquiry techniques.
- Optional low-cost graduate credit - $300 for 3 graduate credits.
- Motivate your students with the "real-world" discovery process.
- Teams of teachers get priority acceptance: Be part of a supportive team to enable your success back in the school and classroom.
- Receive a special invitation to participate in MSEF Educator Day at MIT
TSIP – A Practical Way to Learn About the Inquiry Model of Teaching!
Through investigations, discussions, presentations, activities, and analysis of lessons and samples of student work, teachers will learn ways to Connect inquiry classroom activities with Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks and help students to experience the key steps in "real-world" scientific research and engineering invention, including how to:
- Develop an appropriate experimental question
- Conduct and design a valid experiment
- Record and analyze data
- Draw conclusion(s) and present results
* MSEF Educator Day at MIT | When and Where: TBA
Apply for a travel stipend and/or matching support for a substitute teacher! A special free conference held on Friday during the Science & Engineering Fair for high school students @ MIT. Highlights include: walking the Exhibition Hall of 300 “Best of the Best” high school student science fair projects in Massachusetts; a seat in the Judge Orientation Program (with ~300 judges from academia and industry); feedback and discussion inquiry and project-based approaches in your teaching practice; and breakfast and lunch!
TSIP Fees, Credits and More
Registration Fee: $25 Total Tuition & Course Materials: $650 Graduate Credit: 3 graduate credits will be available to earn at additional cost of $300. Please Note: teachers who want to enroll for graduate credit will receive an application from MSEF, which must be submitted with payment of fees before the course begins. MSEF Educator Day: FREE with course registration! More Information: email@example.com Please note that registration fees & graduate credit costs are non-refundable.